Sunday, February 7, 2010

Indispensability vs freedom

Some food for thought... I have been thinking about this for some time now!

Bonding with someone, family, friends and loved ones, brings with it a certain sense of dependency and connection. This gives me a sense of importance and purpose in life. But I find, it also curtails my freedom and prevents me from doing some things I would have otherwise done.

Independence and freedom on the other hand makes me feel on top of the world when I am able to make decisions and live life they way I want it. But it doesn't seem to last long enough to keep doing it every time and I end up craving for the bonding to get some intent and purpose to life.

I m always confused with having to make a choice, in every step of life, or is it really a choice? (To quote Merovengian from the Matrix, "Choice is an illusion, created by those with power to those without")

I guess, sustained happiness and satisfaction is in some way dependent on what makes you happy at that instant. But doesn't that mean you are looking at being free?? A paradox?
well.. i m still confused :)

No comments: